The road can be a dangerous place, but you can prepare for the worst by keeping your vehicle stocked at all times with a top-notch first-aid kit. Fortunately, you don’t have to buy an expensive kit and create one at home that matches the needs of you and your family.
Here are some staples to consider when putting together a first-aid kit for your car:
• First-aid staples such as bandages, antibiotic ointment, antiseptic spray or cream, hand sanitizer, and clean scissors.
• A decent supply of clean, fresh water, which can be used to rinse out wounds or simply to hydrate.
• Any medications that you, your family members, or other frequent passengers may need.
• Keep a warm blanket and maybe even a spare coat in your car, to protect you from the cold if need be.
• A list of hand-written emergency phone numbers, in case you find yourself stranded without a charged cell phone.
• Similarly, consider keeping a spare cell phone battery or spare charger stashed away, just in case.
• Lastly, in case your car breaks down at night, pack a flashlight with spare batteries. You won’t regret it!
For more safety tips, or to explore all the latest safety features available on Chevrolet models, visit us anytime at Crossroads Chevrolet.